Skip to main content >
Laminate Care & Maintenance
- To clean your laminate use a soft broom or vacuum without a beater bar to remove debris and dirt.
Do not use wet-mops, water or liquid cleaners.
- Acetone based fingernail polish can be used to remove more permanent small stains (i.e. oil, tar, paint, markers).
- If damage results in a plank requiring repair, contact a certified laminate installation specialist.
- Avoid continuous direct sun exposure to laminate floors.
- Place mats and rugs throughout your home to protect your laminate floors from excess debris that is brought in by shoes. Placing mats in front of sinks, stoves and other high traffic areas will help reduce the wear and protect floors from water.
- Do not use wax, polish, oils, soaps, detergents, shine enhancers or varnish on your laminate.
- Do not apply cleaner directly to floor. Instead add cleaner to a cloth or mop and spread evenly across floor to clean.
- Do not use spray mops, steam cleaners/mops, or power cleaners on laminate floors.
- Do not use wet-mops and clean up wet spills immediately to prevent laminate from becoming warped.