Skip to main content >
Luxury Vinyl Care & Maintenance
- Luxury Vinyl is a low-maintenance option for floors and enticing due to its durability and resistance to wear. Luxury Vinyl is water and sun resistant.
- To clean your luxury vinyl floor, sweep it with a soft broom and damp-mop with clean water. Avoid using harsh or abrasive cleaning chemicals.
- Although luxury vinyl floors are water resistant, it is important to clean up spills as they happen.
- Use nonabrasive cleaners or water to mop your floor.
- When moving furniture across the floor, picking it up, rather than dragging, can help decrease marks and scratching.
- When vacuuming, use a vacuum that does not have a beater bar.
- When treating a stain (spot), use 1 part bleach to 10 parts water to remove. Make sure to begin by testing your spot treatment on a less visible area of the floor.
- Place mats and rugs throughout your home to protect your luxury vinyl floors from excess debris that is brought in by shoes. Placing mats in front of sinks, stoves and other high traffic areas will help reduce the wear and protect floors from water.